Monday, February 07, 2011

Inside Out at New MFA Courtyard (Posterized Photo)


Inside Out at New MFA Courtyard (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This began with a photo that I took during yesterday's excursion to Boston's Museum of Fine Arts. I liked the new courtyard so I took some pictures. I liked the play of inside and outside and the reflections of the buildings on glass that created a sense of double exposure. Tonight I opened the original version of this photo in Painter and posterized it; I didn't want the figures to be recognizable images of the people I photographed, so I did some additional posterizing and applied digital chalk to change the figures. After I finished this image, I cropped out some additional close-ups from it, which I hope to post here soon.

No comments: