Sunday, February 06, 2011

View of Boston from Museum of Fine Arts


View of Boston from Museum of Fine Arts
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took this photograph today during an excursion into Boston. My daughter and I went to the Museum of Fine Arts to have lunch and to see the new wing. Lunch was great, and we saw some beautiful exhibits. Today was full of surprises, and one of them was walking around a corner at of an exhibition in the new wing, opening a door, and suddenly finding myself in a glass-walled corridor, looking out at Boston skyline. I loved the play of inside/outside! This reminded me of a similar glass-walled corridor with an ocean view in Boston's Institute for Contemporary Art (ICA). Anyway, the light was amazing, so I took some pictures with my iPhone camera. This is the best of the photos. You can see the Prudential Center, as well as the John Hancock building, in the background. Apart from cropping the image to get this composition, I didn't do anything to it. The color is just as it came out of the camera.

No comments: