Monday, March 14, 2011

Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)


Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This afternoon, I worked on this painting, a view of the ocean at twilight. I am working from a photo that I took from Lynch Park here in Beverly. Today I added some dark tones to the water and to the sky below the clouds. I am still struggling to get similar colors above and below the horizon line, but I hope am getting there. However, it may appear that I am going backwards because the light on the water is now gone. But once I get the colors right, I will add light to the water again, as well as to the sky below the clouds. I didn't do anything to the sky above the clouds today, so if that part of the painting seems not to "match" the rest of the canvas, that is why. (Can you tell that it is a little frightening to post a painting in progress? Maybe it is scary for those watching, as well!) Today I also reworked the shapes in the cloud formation. Now I am happier with the way the clouds look.

No comments: