Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daffodils at Long Hill (Posterized Photograph)


Daffodils at Long Hill (Posterized Photograph)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This image began with one of the pictures I took back on May 1 during a walk at Long Hill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. Signs were posted announcing that it was "Daffodil Sunday" and signs were also posted pointing toward the "daffodil path." So instead of the usual walk up the hill towards the house and formal gardens, we followed the daffodil path downhill towards the children's garden, the barns, chickens, and the fields. I used my iPhone camera to take lots of pictures of the daffodils. Tonight I cropped this image out of one of the best photos. I liked the contrast of the daffodils and the barn in the background. I used iPhoto for basic adjustments, and used Painter to posterize the image.

No comments: