Sunday, June 05, 2011

Approaching Belfast

Approaching Belfast by randubnick
Approaching Belfast, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

Today I spent some time editing more photos from my recent travels, and the batch I worked on today included the drive north from England to Stranraer, Scotland, to catch the vehicle ferry to Belfast. Although many of the photos I edited today were more colorful or more appealing, I think this photo is the strongest of the bunch, so I am posting it here. I took this photograph from the Stena Line Ferry as the boat was approaching Belfast. I like the luminosity of the water, the cloud formations, and the strong diagonal created by the small boat in the foreground. I used iPhoto to straighten and crop just a bit, adjust the exposure, and retouch a couple of marks caused by streaks on the window of the boat..

No comments: