Saturday, June 04, 2011

Lake District Scene (Windmere to Penrith)


Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a photograph that I took in England during my trip, on the road from Windmere to Penrith in the Lake District. The owner of the bed and breakfast in Windmere suggested the scenic drive, and it was as advertised: beautiful views, a winding road, with fog and rain adding atmosphere. I was in the passenger seat and took lots of pictures. Now I am back at home, and this morning I edited this set of photos, cropping out the interior of the car. The original photos are fun, and convey a sense of the twists and turns of the journey, and I plan to keep some of them in the album for friends to see. But to get the landscapes I wanted, I used iPhoto to straighten and crop, and where necessary, to adjust the exposure.

No comments: