Thursday, June 09, 2011

Glasgow Central Station (Posterized Photo)

After spending the night in a hotel two blocks from Glasgow's train station, we turned in our rental car early the next morning and caught a ride back to our hotel from the rental car folks. I took this picture of the train station as the driver was stopped a red light. A few minutes later, he dropped us off at the hotel, where we checked out, collected our bags, and returned to this train station to catch the train to London. From there we would transfer to the Eurostar train to Paris. I took this photo partly because I was excited about the train trip and Paris, but also because I love train stations. In this photo you can see the beautiful 19th century ceiling and windows of Central Station, juxtaposed with modern traffic lights and advertisements. You can also catch some reflections on the car window. Today I used iPhoto to edit the image, and also used Painter to posterize it, trying to heighten the colors to match the excitement I felt that day.

No comments: