Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken Collage Day 1 (Aug 24 2011)

Yesterday I went up to the studio and started this little collage of a chicken. Last week I saw some chickens at Long Hill Gardens and the patterns in their feathers put an idea in my head: an image of a chicken made up of pattern and texture. So I made several sketches, and moved on to this collage. Yesterday I posted the pencil drawing on the cardboard that I am using for a base. But I also started pasting down paper, and here is how my collage looked when it was time to quit for the day. It was easy enough to find this yellow paper in my collage bin. The black and white pattern was a little harder, but I decided to use the border print from the edges of a water-color pad. This isn't exactly like the image I have been seeing in my mind's eye, but when I started pasting down the black and white pattern, I felt like I was beginning to get somewhere. In any case, I had fun and a little comic relief, because this little chicken makes me laugh. To be continued. . . .

1 comment:

Minka said...

Cluck cluck!