Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicken Collage Day 5 (Aug 31 2011)

I got up early and went to the studio for an hour to work on this collage, an image of a chicken done in patterns. Although I am far from finished with the body of the chicken, I had an idea for making the tail-feathers, and I decided to try it out. I started by laying down the basic lines in orange and white, cutting the pieces out of a paper bag (from the local Unleashed by Petco). I cut little strips of orange and white, and pasted them down in a loose pattern. My idea is to finish the lines of the tail in orange and white, and then suggest some "feathers" with a black and white pattern cut from the Arches watercolor pad. (I tried out a few pieces but didn't paste them down because I want to finish the orange and white lines first, but I decided the idea would work.) So today I went as far as I could until I ran out of orange. I will have to get another paper bag. Well, we are regular Petco customers anyway, but now I am suddenly eager to buy a box of dog treats!

No comments: