Monday, August 15, 2011

Many Ribbons (Posterized)

Many Ribbons (Posterized) by randubnick
Many Ribbons (Posterized), a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

This is the third of three images that I made the other night when I was making a new pattern in Painter. To make this image, I used Painter's pattern pen and my new Zigzag Ribbon pattern (posted here yesterday and the day before). I used a blue background and chose a pastel "pattern pen" loaded with purple pastel. I used a big "brush" and made a few strokes, though I spent a few minutes in over-and-over land to get the pattern where I wanted it to be. Then I posterized the image, and cropped it to get this composition. This process kind of reminds me of making monoprints, and the results look like prints too, which is why I think of these as digital prints.

No comments: