Monday, November 14, 2011

Colorado Drawings To Snowmass (Final)

Last week I posted an earlier version of this drawing (posted here November 9), but I went back to it tonight and worked on it some more. This drawing is based on a pencil sketch that I found in an old sketchbook (5 x 8 inches) that I took along on a trip to Colorado in the 1980s. I was drawing in the car (when it wasn't my turn to drive), and some of these sketches identify the location, as this one does ("To Snowmass"). I recently started a series of drawings based on those little Colorado sketches. I am scanning the originals into my computer, printing out copies, and transferring them into a new sketchbook with graphite paper. Then I draw into them with conte crayon, colored pencil, and fine-line marker. The version that I posted last week was fine, but I am trying to create a series, so to make this image fit in to the set, I wanted to soften the colors and make them more subtle. That is what I worked on tonight, and now I think this is finished (but I have been wrong before).

No comments: