Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Hamentashen (Posterized)

A couple of years ago, I created the original version of this image (posted February 27, 2010). I used Painter to create a digital drawing of hamentashen, filled triangular cookies eaten at Purim (a Jewish holiday). I recently found the image again because I wanted to upload the image to Zazzle.com to be used on some holiday items. I am still learning how to do this, but I knew I was going to have to make some adjustments because the original version was small and the resolution was very low. So I opened the image in Painter, enlarged the image, and increased the resolution. Then I did a little clean-up with some digital pastel. Because I had also increased the resolution, I posterized the image for a better result. I used trial and error to get amount of posterizing effect that I wanted. (To see some of the things I made with this image, you can go to Zazzle and put my name in the search box.)

No comments: