Monday, February 13, 2012

Irish Landscape (Revised and Posterized)

This is a small watercolor of an Irish hillside that I painted in Belfast after a road trip to the Irish Republic several years ago. I posted the original version here back on August 5, 2007. Today I came across it while I was looking for images of Ireland. I wanted to use it for greeting cards and gifts for next month, so I knew I would need to revise it a bit because it was small and low resolution. I opened the original in Painter and changed the size and resolution. Then I posterized it a bit, which looked good on everything but the sky. So I used some digital pastel to smooth out the problems and posterized again. It looked better. Then I cropped the image to this format, which seems easier to use. Later, I did upload this version into Zazzle, and it worked pretty well. So it was worth the time. And it is always a pleasure to remember my trips to the Emerald Isle.

No comments: