Friday, July 27, 2012

Many Pink and Blue Squares

Many Pink and Blue Squares by randubnick
Many Pink and Blue Squares, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

Yesterday's post was a "digital print" made with Painter 12's pattern pen and a pattern that I created from one of my photos. (The original photo was of a square concrete and metal grid, posted here June 28, 2012). Today I decided to use yesterday's post and see what it would look like as another pattern. (So if you are following this logic, I am making a second pattern from an image I made with the original pattern.) Anyway. I used Painter 12 to "capture" yesterday's image as a pattern, and then used the paintbucket tool to fill a new image with that pattern. I fussed with it a bit to get the right size pattern, then I cropped and posterized it. I like the result, and might try to make things with it on Zazzle. Anyway, I decided to do this today because in a few minutes I plan to update Painter 12, and when I do that, I usually loose any patterns I have "captured" and have to recreate them (not hard, just annoying).

No comments: