Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pink and Blue Composition with Square Grid (Digital Print)

Tonight I decided to make another image with my square grid pattern, which I created from a photo of a concrete and metal grate. (I posted the original photo here on June 28, 2012, and have done a lot with it since.) I "captured" a pattern from the image in Painter 12, and tonight I used a pattern pen and selected my square grid pattern. I hike the brush size way up and then just make a few strokes in different colors, and then I posterized the result. (These aren't really prints, but they kind of look like mono prints, and using that great big pattern pen reminds me of using an inked brayer.) It took many tries to get the strokes where I wanted them, and after than, I cropped the image at least six times to get to this composition. Sometimes you have to take more trouble with something simple if you want it to look good. When I began to feel peaceful about this image, I decided it was done. So here it is.

No comments: