Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Waiting for Fireworks (Beverly Marina)

Tonight's adventure was a trip to the Beverly Marina to watch the fireworks. I had never done this before, and in fact, had never walked around the marina, but my daughter led the way. We arrived shortly before dark, and it was beautiful! This is a great vantage point to see fireworks being set off in Salem, Marblehead, Danvers, etc. I made many attempts to take pictures of the fireworks, but wasn't optimistic about the results. (I have tried photographing fireworks before.) We also saw lightening and heard thunder, and we left when it began to rain in earnest. When I got home and transferred my photos into the computer, I saw that I did seem to have an enormous number of failed attempts to photograph fireworks. (Some may have potential, so I plan to look at them more carefully tomorrow.) But I did have some nice photos of the marina. This is one of the best, a view of the bridge to Salem, seen from the marina. This is how it looked right out of my iPhone camera.

No comments: