Saturday, April 06, 2013

Trees and Colorado Mountains (Revision as of April 6, 2013)

This morning I did some more work on this project, an oil pastel drawing that I recently came across in an old sketchbook and am trying to finish. This morning I added texture to the field in the foreground. I think that I have added enough detail and don't plan to do more. But I thought about the sketch as it looked when I found it and made some changes to make sure I keep what I had liked best in the original.I modified the color of the mountains, going for a lighter turquoise color toward the top, and I made the shapes of the trees a bit looser. I also added some bits of red and pink just to balance out all the green. I think this is close to finished, but I think I still want to modify some of the colors. I think I will add more yellow to the foreground and to the light green on the mountains. Almost there.

No comments: