Sunday, April 07, 2013

Trees and Colorado Mountains (Revision as of April 7, 2013)

I have been working on finishing up a drawing that I recently found in an old sketchbook (posted here March 29.) This is an oil pastel drawing of the Colorado mountains, possibly drawn from observation during a trip to my home state. I have been adding detail and definition, and I think that part of the process is complete. But I want to try to maintain the things that I liked about the sketch as it looked when I found it, especially the colors. Today I concentrated on lightening some of the colors to make them closer to the original version, especially the blues and bright yellow-greens on the mountains, the yellow field in the foreground. There may be some minor revisions (I always see mistakes at this point) but I think this is basically done.

No comments: