Sunday, May 26, 2013

First of May at Long Hill (Oil Bar Painting as of May 26, 2013)

This morning I got up early and worked on this painting first thing, even before having coffee. I started this painting last week (May 19th), and have been posting my progress daily. This landscape is loosely based on a photo that I took at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, MA. Today I started by mixing up some pale blue and reworking some areas of the sky. Then I mixed up some bright acid green and did some touch up on the lawn. Then I worked on the trees on the right, using that same light green to suggest trees leafing out, but also to link that area of the canvas to the sunlit grass below the fence. There may be a few more changes to this painting, but they will be small ones. I think I am almost done. Good thing, because it's time to start sealing the edges of the canvas so I can submit this painting for an upcoming art show.

No comments: