Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sunlight and Storm Clouds (Oil Bar Painting as of June 22, 2013)

I got up extra early to work for a little while on this oil bar landscape. As I had my morning coffee, I looked at the reference photo (posted here June 20, 2013), trying to understand what is happening and how the light is hitting the trees. (I took the photo on a summer evening, and the combination of long light and clouds made for some interesting light effects.) Since I was short on time this morning, I decided to just concentrated on indicating where the light hits the trees. It helped to look at the yellow-green reflections in the water, because those seem to be reflections of the brightest trees. I think I made some progress even though time was short. I also painted in one dark green line to indicate the surface of the water. And then it was time to stop for the day.

No comments: