Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sunlight and Storm Clouds (Oil Bar Painting as of June 26, 2013)

This is the oil bar painting I am working on, as it looked when I finished painting yesterday. (I am a day behind in posting.) I am using one of my recent photos as a reference, taken from Obear Park here in Beverly, MA, looking towards Salem just before sunset, with a storm in the distance. (The reference photo is posted here June 19.) I was planning to rework the patches of light on the ground, so I studied the reference photo as I had my morning coffee. Then I took one of my photocopies of the photo and traced over the patches of light with blue pen, to see the shapes more clearly. Then I made some changes in the painting, trying for similar shapes. I used white paint to start, and when I decided the changes would work, I painted them in with color. I also added some horizontal lines to suggest ripples in the water.

No comments: