Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunlight and Storm Clouds (Salem from Obear Park, Beverly)

This is a photo that I took last week (June 12 to be exact). We took the dog to Obear Park here in Beverly, MA. Because Obear Park has a beach, dogs aren't allowed until 7:30 PM. That's not a very convenient hour for a walk, but the light is often spectacular about that time, as you can see in this photo. The dark clouds over Salem (across the water) combined with the low evening light produced some great colors: a periwinkle sky and chartreuse grass. So of course I took a lot of pictures. But I have been thinking about this photo because I want to paint this scene. So yesterday, I cropped this view to get a square format, and then printed it out because it is the reference photo for my next painting.

No comments: