Monday, June 10, 2013

Winter Drive at Sunset (Modified Photo)

This morning I started another oil bar painting, a winter scene this time. I started by finding one of my photos to use as a reference, a picture that I took back in February of 2008, a view of Route 128 on a winter evening. I had to modify the photo to use it as a reference for painting, the version that you see here. I cropped it to get a square format, and then brought the level of saturation down to get more realistic colors (though it is still posterized). You can see the earlier version by following this link. www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/2259331030/in/photostream/
I think this image is a good choice to paint, and I have already used the photo as a guide to set up the composition on the canvas (to be posted here tomorrow).

No comments: