Friday, August 09, 2013

Reflections (OIl Bar Painting as of August 7, 2013)

This is my oil bar painting as it looked on Wednesday, August 7. (I am still two days behind in my posts.) I am using one of my photos to paint this scene at Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield, MA, not far from Willowdale Estate. My reference photo is posted here on June 14. On Wednesday, I continued to revise the reflected shapes in the water, shortening them up a bit because reflected shapes are shorter in water. (Check this out in your local swimming pool.) I also adjusted the angle of one of the reflected trees. And as I worked, I made the water darker. As I worked, I kept thinking about the tree on the left side of the canvas. It is not quite working and I have been trying to decide what to do about it. To be continued. . . .

No comments: