Saturday, August 10, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of August 8, 2013)

Here is my oil bar painting as it looked on Thursday, August 8, 2013. (I am now running two days behind in my posts.) This is a work-in-progress, a landscape based on a photo that I took at Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield, MA. (The reference photo is posted here on June 14.) On Thursday morning, I made a change I have been thinking about for a while: I modified the tree on the left so that only the branches show, and the tree trunk is now "off-stage". Now there is enough room to give the tree branches more graceful lines, the canvas is less crowded, and there is more room for blue sky and clear water. But best of all, the distracting straight vertical line is gone. So I am happy with this little decision. To be continued. . . .

No comments: