Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Blue Mountain Range (As of November 5, 2014)


I started this painting a few days ago, and here is my mountain landscape as it looks now. This small painting is done with acrylic paint used with water, on paper. These are the Colorado mountains painted from memory and imagination. Yesterday I used a purple wash on the bottom third of the painting, but by this morning, I wanted to make it lighter so I applied a couple of layers of white paint and then washed it off. That was better, so then I worked a little bit on the sky, changing the shapes of some clouds and added a bit of pink. By late afternoon, I decided to change the color of the lower third of the painting again, and this time I applied a pale blue wash. I liked that color much better. This one is heading toward the finish line, but I am not ready to say it is done.


No comments: