Thursday, April 30, 2015

Codfish Project as of April 29, 2015



Here's my codfish project as it looked yesterday. (Alternate title: Codfish with Drawing Board). I am decorating this wooden codfish for the Marblehead Arts Fest. The same wooden fish cut-out was furnished to 50 area artists to decorate. All the decorated codfish will be displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned off. My fish is going to be silver with markings in hot pink and dark blue, with painted gold accents to suggest scales. I am working with tissue paper and acrylic gel medium. I am still working on the first and most tedious step, covering the fish with a base of silver tissue paper, pieced together to suggest the form of the fish (body, fins, tail). You can't tell by the photo, but I am also applying tissue paper to the sides of the form.

No comments: