Friday, January 15, 2016

Vanilla Wafer Ice Box Cake (Illustration as of Jan. 16, 2015)


Today I worked on this project, a drawing that will soon be an illustration for a recipe on our food blog, Seasoning for Every Palate ( seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.) My mom liked to make desserts, and this was one of her favorites, a strawberry ice-box cake made with vanilla wafers. I have been adding color slowly, with colored pencil, but today I broke out my trusty crayons (Crayola, 64 colors). (Yes folks, I still use them!) Today I added a bit of color to the pink, but mostly worked on the table top. I added a layer of purple (aka plum). If I can get the color I want with my beloved Crayola crayons, I will be happy enough. But if not, I will add colored conte crayon (like a compressed pastel). The colors are fantastic but there's a lot of dust. I am still having coughing fits due to a recent cold, so am postponing the conte crayon for as long as possible.

No comments: