Saturday, January 16, 2016

Vanilla Wafer Ice-Box Cake (Illustration as of Jan. 16, 2016)


I worked on this drawing again today. This is going to illustrate a recipe on our food blog, Seasoning for Every Palate ( seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.) This is for a dessert that my mom used to make, a pink strawberry ice-box cake made with vanilla wafers. This morning I kept going deeming the color with crayola crayons, but I also broke out the conte crayon but in pencil form, so I can get better color but less dust and less coughing. I am still have more to go on deepening the color. But I am also trying to decide how to finish the top of the cake. The recipe calls for crushed cookie crumbs sprinkled on top. I did some experimenting on an earlier sketch to figure out what that will look like. Then I started thinking about adding strawberries too. But before I do that, I think I need to try it out by adding the strawberries digitally in Painter on a practice version to see how it will look. To be continued. . . .

No comments: