Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Codfish Project (Bela Bacalhau) as of April 1, 2016


Last Friday, I drove over to Marblehead to pick up this wooden codfish cutout. For the second year, I am participating in a project for Marblehead Festival of the Arts. Local artists decorate wooden codfish, which are then displayed in downtown Marblehead and auctioned off to benefit the arts in Marblehead. This is a photo of my wooden cutout, still wrapped in plastic, along with instructions (in the envelope). When I think of codfish, I think back to my visits to Portugal, seeing codfish (bacalhau) on every menu and in every market. So.this year, I plan to decorate my codfish with a Portuguese theme, using blue and white Portuguese tiles (azulejos) as my inspiration. I have already given my fish a name: I am going to call her "Bela Bacalhau". Last year I named my fish "Gilda", and if you would like to see her, here's a link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/17469011928/

No comments: