Thursday, April 28, 2016

Freesia as of Apr. 28, 2016 (Porter Mill Challenge #3)


This is the drawing I have been working on for the Porter Mill Challenge (to produce one new piece of art each week for a month.) My plan is four still life drawings done with conte, each with a slightly off-center composition and each with a patterned tablecloth. Even though I thought this drawing was just about finished yesterday, this afternoon I went back to it. I had noticed that the vase was not quite symmetrical, so I started by working on that. I also added some detail to the flowers and reworked the colors in the tablecloth. This is the third drawing I have produced, but I have one more to go by the end of April, so it is time to start the next drawing. I already bought some more flowers for another still life (yellow mums), so I hope to get that started tomorrow.

No comments: