Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Bela Bacalhau as of May 4, 2016


This morning I worked on this project first thing. The Marblehead Art Association has asked some fifty area artists to decorate wooden codfish; they will be displayed in downtown Marblehead and then auctioned off to benefit the arts. This year I am decorating my codfish with a design inspired by Portuguese tile (blue and white azulejos). In Portugal, codfish is very popular. During my visits to Porto, I saw codfish (bacalhau) listed on every menu. I am using fine-line pens to draw in the design. Time was short today, but I managed to draw in the blue lines on fins and tail. I was worried because yesterday I was having trouble with the pen tip drying out, but it seemed fine today. Last year I also decorated a codfish. If you want to see my codfish project from last year, follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/17469011928/

No comments: