Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Another Heart-Shaped Box (as of July 6, 2016)


This morning, I went to Porter Mill Studios and worked for a while on this project. I am covering a heart-shaped box with collaged designs created from pieces of printed metallic ribbon. It felt good to get back to this project. This box used to hold Valentine candy (Turtles, to be specific). I am still working on the gold border for the top of the box (on the left), covered with orange and purple stripes. But I have already started working on the underside of the box. It seems more efficient to work on both at the same time, but I am really doing it is more fun. Today, although I added some pieces to the gold border of the top of the box, I concentrated on the bottom of the box (on the right, which doesn't look like much at the moment). For that, I am using pieces with brown background and purple and green flowers. Today I continued to establish the outline of a border. And while I was working, I decided to also add some occasional pieces of green and pink floral border designs. (I will post a close-up tomorrow.) I call this "Another Heart-Shaped Box because it isn't the first one I have made. If you want to see where this is headed, follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157632769935420

No comments: