Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Chelsea Says (Rough Draft of Animation)


I have been working on an idea for a little holiday animation, inspired by watching our little Chelsea enjoying the snow. This is going to be a video animation created on my iPad with the Brushes app.  The Brushes app captures a stroke-by-stroke video as you draw, so to make the animation work, you have to think about not only what to draw but in what order.  And you have to draw quickly, without a lot of revisions  As you will see, that is not the case here.  So I call this a rough draft, but it would be more accurate to call this a first attempt, because the only way to fix this is to do it over -- after doing some practice sketches so I can draw the dog images faster.  (I am already working on that.) But meanwhile, I am posting this, and even though this is a first attempt, I had fun with it and I hope you will too.  So just press play.

No comments: