Monday, December 19, 2016

Fall Bouquet with Three Roses (Digitally Modified Photo)


This is the third of three photos that I took back on November 22, during a pre-Thanksgiving stop to buy pecan pie at Tendercrop Farm.  I thought the flowers were amazing, so I took some quick pictures. Too quick, as it happens, because there were problems with each of the photos. This week, I am finally getting around to editing them. I would say that the problems with this photo made it the worst of the three and I almost gave up.  In the original version, part of the uppermost rose on the right was cut off, while on the left, there was a lot of "extra" space.  I tried to solve the problem by cropping the photo, but couldn't come up with a symmetrical composition without chopping up the other two roses, and I didn't want to do that.  So today I opened the photo in Painter and got to work.  I started by adding some 50 pixels to the right side of the "canvas," and then use some cut-and-paste and digital paste to draw in the rest of the rose, and to also extend the other leaves, petals, and shadows to fill in the rest of the "blank" strip I had created. Nothing is perfect, certainly not as perfect as a rose, but still I was pleased with the result. With the third rose intact, I was able to crop the photo to get this composition. 

No comments: