Friday, February 17, 2017

Portrait of Us (As of Feb. 17, 2017)


Yesterday I worked on this project again.  I am painting a portrait of this couple, using their vacation photo as a reference.  The photo shows them in Greece, riding a motorbike and wearing sunglasses and helmets. The canvas is 14 x 18 inches, and I am using acrylic paint.  I am keeping the paint thin for now, as I work out the likeness.  Yesterday I kept going with corrections, using only brown and white paint.  I started with changes to the position of the woman's neck and shoulders, and then made some changes to her helmet.  I made some small changes to the woman's face. And I did more measuring and changes to both sets of sunglasses.  I want to get this right, so I am making haste slowly.  But I am getting there. To be continued. . .   

No comments: