Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Background Detail 2, Portrait of Us (As of Mar. 16, 2017)


I am still finishing up the portrait I have been working on, a painting of a couple on vacation in Greece. My reference is a vacation photo that shows them on a motorbike on a coast road, and wearing helmets and sunglasses. (See March 16 post for the latest look at it.) I am putting in some background, based on what I can see of the background by zooming in on the photo on my desktop computer, as well as by looking closely at the reflections of the background in the sunglasses. I am trying to capture the background within limited space, it's like making miniature landscape paintings. Yesterday's post was a closeup of the background on the right. Tonight I am posting a closeup of the background on the left.

No comments: