Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Digital Tryout: Portrait of Us (As of Mar. 20, 2017)


I have been working on this double portrait of a couple riding a motorbike along a coast road in Greece.  My reference is their vacation photo.  The portrait was nearing completion, but the photo shows more details of the helmets and straps, as well as the motorbike's antenna. I couldn't decide whether or not to add  those details. So I used Painter on my computerto create a digital "dress rehearsal" and draw in some of those details with the computer.   I did the computer drawing over a jpeg of the portrait. Here is the result.  I wasn't looking at the photo at the time, so there are some mistakes in placement, but even so, this little exercise helped me. I decided to  I would suggest those details but without being too specific.  (I am not going for photorealism after all!) I don't want those details to be more specific than the rest of the painting. 

No comments: