Friday, April 21, 2017

Sketch for Cecelia (Inked as of Apr. 21, 2017)


This is the pencil sketch I posted yesterday, but inked with silver, gold, and turquoise sharpie pens. This is a "life-size" working sketch for a decorated wooden codfish cutout that I am making, to be auctioned off for the  Marblehead Festival of the Arts. Some 50 area artists are participating in this project. This year I am going to to decorate my codfish with musical scales -- C scales, to be specific, which is why I named my fish Cecelia. The sketch started to come alive as I added the colors. Today I used sharpie pens, but I have some fancy metallic gold and silver ink pens that I will use later and they will be a bit brighter (but harder to control). Also, I plan to use an iridescent pearl background. I am almost ready to get to work on the actual wooden fish. This preparation takes time, but I won't be able to start over on the real thing.  if you want to get an idea of where this is headed,  follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: