Thursday, April 20, 2017

Sketch for Cecelia (Pencil)


This is a pencil sketch for my current project. Along with 50 area  artists, I am decorating a wooden codfish for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts. The decorated codfish will be on display in Marblehead and then auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  I am going to to decorate my codfish with musical scales -- C scales, to be specific, which is why I named my fish Cecelia. I am working out my design on paper "life size", before actually working on the wooden cutout. As of yesterday, I figured out the color scheme: iridescent pearl, silver and gold ink, with a little turquoise. Today I worked hard to finish the pencil sketch because the next step is to add color to the sketch. All of this preparation is time-consuming, but still better than trying to do "overs" on a wooden cutout of a fish!  if you want a better idea of where this is going,  follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: