Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sketch for Cecelia (Inked as of Apr. 22, 2017)


This is a "life-size" working sketch for a decorated wooden codfish cutout that I am making, to be auctioned off for the  Marblehead Festival of the Arts. Some 50 local artists have been asked to participate in this project. This year I am will decorate my codfish with musical scales -- C scales, to be specific, which is why I named my fish Cecelia.  Yesterday I posted this pencil sketch, inked in silver, gold, and turquoise sharpie pens. Today I went over the fold and silver with fancy metallic gold and silver ink pens and they really do make a difference.  (Metallic sharpie gold tends to read as brown and the silver tends to read as gray). These pens are harder to control than Sharpies, but it will be worth it for the added brightness.  This is a working sketch, and it has been helpful to do this "dress rehearsal" because I have identified some things that I want to improve for the final version. if you want to get an idea of I am going with this,  follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: