Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project) May 10, 2015


This morning, I returned to this project.  I am decorating this wooden codfish cutout for the Marblehead Festival of Art.  Some 50 area artists have been invited to decorate wooden codfish to be displayed in downtown Marblehead, and then auctioned off to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, will be decorated with musical scales -- C scales.  To get ready, I drew and inked my design on paper (posted here on April 22). Then I drew the design onto the fish with pencil, and applied the first round of ink with metallic Sharpie markers. I chose Sharpies because they are easy to work with and I can get pretty good control.  But it order to get maximum sparkle, I am going over the Sharpie with metallic ink (Inkball pens).  Yesterday I went over the musical notes with gold metallic ink, and the bright gold color made quite a difference. Today I applied silver metallic ink (Inkball pens) over the silver lines.  The difference was less dramatic than with the gold, but still worth doing.  Each step is followed by cleanup with white paint.  The next step is to apply the iridescent silver paint for the background. I hope to get that going tomorrow, and be able to turn this in over the next few days.   If you would like to see last year's project,  follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," my Portuguese codfish: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: