Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project) May 8, 2017


Yesterday I worked on this project again.  This is a wooden codfish cutout that I am decorating to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art.  Some 50 area artists are decorating wooden codfish to be displayed in downtown Marblehead, and then auctioned off to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, will be decorated with musical scales -- C scales.  I had already drawn and inked the design on paper (posted here on April 22), and applied the first round of ink with metallic Sharpie markers.  I had already drawn the musical notes with metallic gold Sharpie pens, but yesterday I went over the notes with gold ink (inkball pens).  This is slow and careful work, because it is not easy to apply ink over wood and there is way less control than with the Sharpies, but the gold metallic really enhances the shine and the color.  I am also going to apply  silver metallic ink (inkball pen) over the existing lines drawn with silver Sharpie pen, and then use iridescent pale silver paint for the background.   If you want to get a general idea of where this is headed, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: