Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bright Tree at Long Hill (Final)


This is the oil bar painting I have been working on. This painting is based on a photo that I took back in October at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, Massachusetts. A few months ago, at the end of April, I said that I thought that this painting was finished.  But after a while, I changed my mind, and went back to it.  I was happy with the composition but didn't feel that the color was right.  So I worked on the color, and in the process, made a few adjustments to the composition, and added just a bit more detail.  Today, I added a bit more shadow to the edges of the road, revised the line on the right where foliage meets grass, and added more blue to the roof on both buildings.  Now, for the second time, I am ready to say that I think this painting is finished.  I have been wrong before.  But in any case, it is time to move on. . . .

No comments: