Friday, July 28, 2017

Just Richie (Digitally Modified Photo)


I worked on this image this morning for my husband, who wanted a picture of his cousin Richie as a young man. The image that my husband found (in his own bar mitzvah album) was a group shot, with a number of people crowded around a table. I transferred the original image into my computer and used Painter's digital pastel to draw in a new background, covering up the other guests. I also had to redraw/recreate the sleeve on the right side because it was partially hidden in the original version.  There are things I would like to fix, but this is what I could do in a short time.. In any case, I was able to get this done to be used in my husband's internet post about cousin Richie, who passed away this morning at 75 years old.  I love old photos and have found great comfort in them myself, so I was glad to transform an image from that old group photo into this portrait of Richie as a handsome young man. Young or old, he was also a real mensch.  May his memory be for a blessing. 



No comments: