Sunday, October 22, 2017

Branch of Hydrangeas Turning Pink (Painting Reference)


I am getting ready to paint some small oil bar paintings, part of my "branches" series.  I have been coughing my head off all weekend, but time is passing by.  Although breaking out the oil bars would not be a good idea,  I decided to get my photo reference ready.  This image is from a set of photos that I took while on a walk in the neighborhood back on September 4th.  I did a couple of crops from the original photo and decided to go with this one.  I opened the image in Painter and resized it to get it to 8 x 10 (which is the canvas size).  I also posterized it a bit, and then printed it out to use as my photo reference.  I like the photo as it is, but I am planning to modify the composition a bit for the painting.

No comments: