Monday, March 19, 2018

Orange Ridge (Acrylic Watermedia as of Mar. 18, 2018)


I have continued to work on the painting that I started a few days ago, another mountain landscape.  In the last version posted, you can see I was starting to add a bit of blue-purple to suggest shadows. But I wasn't sure this was a good idea. . . I decided to put the words "orange mountains" into Google and look at the images that came up.  I saw lots of different photos, but in many cases, I saw purple shadows on the mountains.  And I liked the idea of the contrast of purple and orange. Everything I learned about color theory said yes. So I decided to go ahead even though I was afraid to lose what I already had.  I once had a painting teacher (Robert Daigle) who taught me to welcome fear as a sign that I am moving out of my comfort zone. Besides, I am painting for my first solo gallery show this summer, and the title of the show is "Exploring in the Mountains of Color."  Explorers must be brave, so I go forward, using the color wheel as my compass.  What you see here is a work in progress. To be continued...

No comments: