Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Orange Ridge (Acrylic Watermedia)


This is the painting I have been working on, and as of this morning I am willing to say it is done. I am glad I took a day to think about what to do. This morning I followed the plan I came up with yesterday. I restored a bit of purple to shadows, especially to the mountain in the foreground. I added a bit more orange and yellow to the tops of the mountains. I lightened the magenta outline a bit. And I used a pale blue wash on the sky to simplify it a bit. After that, I made a lot of tiny corrections that aren't worth noting. I now recognize this as a kind of ritual that lets me know I think the painting is just about finished. Anyway, it is time to go on to the next one. This is acrylic used with water on Aquabord, 16 x 20 inches. Another day, another "Mountain Daydream".

No comments: