Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Rough Sketch for Cod Auction: Shelli


For the past few years, I have participated in Marblehead Festival of the Arts' Cod Auction, and I have just agreed to participate this year, too.  The Cod Auction is a fund raiser in which local artists decorate wooden codfish cut-outs, which are displayed and then auctioned off to benefit the arts in Marblehead, Massachusetts.  I already have an idea for this year's cod project, and made this rough sketch today, using the shape from prior years.* My idea is a kind of visual pun in which the make the fish scales look like sea shells.  I decided to call this fish "Shelli."  (I always name my codfish creations.) I am thinking about using a turquoise background, with seashells  in off-white and gold.
*I understand the wooden cutouts have been revised, so I may need to adjust my design. . . . 



No comments: