Thursday, March 29, 2018

Snow on Blue-Violet Range (Acrylic Watermedia as of Mar. 29, 2018)


This is the painting I started yesterday, and I did a bit more work on it today.  Last night,  a friend made a comment that let me know that he was seeing a mouth in the painting. ("Nice lips.")  I think he meant this as a joke, but I took it seriously. If you are an artist, it is a good thing to have friends who will tell you what they think. I thought I knew what might be creating that illusion of a mouth for him, so my main goal today was to address the problem.  I added a periwinkle wash to the sky (which I think he had been "reading" as an upper lip), and also made the lines of the mountains a bit more jagged and a bit less symmetrical.  I hope that solves the problem, but in any case, I think the painting looks better.  This is still a work in progress. To be continued.

No comments: